In keeping with Philpott’s Ministry Plan…we desire to see all peoples worldwide invited to Come & See Jesus, to Follow Him, to Be With Him, and to Remain in Him… using intentional, relational, models of outreach followed by discipleship training.
We desire to be active participants in God’s great mission to restore and transform the world through witness and action by the power of the Holy Spirit so that all would come to know Jesus, follow Him, and grow in Him to maturity (Matt 28:18-20, Col 1:28).
The pursuit of that vision compels us to uphold these four commitments:
- Leading the congregation to engage in God’s mission to all peoples through corporate and individual prayer, education, financial support and active service in local and global mission and outreach. (Acts 1:8-14, 2 Cor 1:8-11, Col 1:28, 1 Cor 9:14, Php 4:15-18, Jam 2:26)
- Sending God’s servants to people groups where there is no indigenous community of believing Christians, with the goal of sharing the gospel and planting a local church (Rom 10:14-17, Rom 15:20-21)
- Mobilizing gifted evangelists to be witnesses of the gospel to people who misunderstand the truth of Jesus, even though they have access to the gospel and a local church (Eph 4:11-13, Luke 15:4)
Discipleship and Training
- Supporting mature believers to use their experience to disciple and provide Biblical training to others around the world (2 Cor 3:2-4, Eph 4:15-16, 1 Pet 4: 10-11, Matt 28:18-20)
Humanitarian Aid and Service
- Supporting professionals and trained workers to share the love of Jesus Christ through restoration and social justice, humanitarian aid and service. (Jam 1:27, Luke 4:17-20, Luke 10:30-37, Mic 6:8)
We serve God in response to Christ's Great Commission by
- leading our congregation to pray for evangelism of the world,
- ensuring communication between the congregation, its missionaries
- and those who are leading the global mission effort,
- enabling short and long term workers to cross cultural walls and
- proclaim God’s love in Jesus Christ,
- supporting these efforts generously
We are committed to
- focusing our primary efforts on unreached peoples of the world.
- global implementation of our local focus on disciple making.
- training and sending our own people to fulfill our missions goals.
- challenge members of every small group in the congregation to pray
- for the evangelization of the world and to champion a missionary family.
- mobilize our members and adherents to personal involvement in missions experiences by sending:
- - teams of individuals and families to experience missions ministry first-hand through regular projects and trips
- - some on short term missions assignments.
- - some to long term, vocational missions.
- effectively utilize all of our human and material resources in missions
- following biblical principals of stewardship.
- engage a new 10% of our congregation will have a first-time- with-us missions experience each year;
- charge each small group launched to champion a missionary
- Ensure each church plant sent out [in Hamilton and abroad] will be committed to sharing in this vision
We have sent representatives across Canada and around the world with the following missions organizations. Due to the fact that some of them are in sensitive areas their names are not listed here.
Bible Centered Ministries (BCM)
Campus for Christ
Save The Mothers
Serving In Mission (SIM)
Worldwide Evangelization for Christ (WEC)
Youth with a Mission (YWAM)
Contact Information: email@example.com